Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Win Phone 7 "Words" Game - Mo Words


My wife and I have been playing a lot of word games lately on our IPhones. I've also been playing around with the Win Phone 7 SDK and I've been looking for a good project to work with. So, as a result, I made a little "Words" game called Mo Words.


I've just recently got it to a point where I could play a whole game. But there is still some work to be done for the play notifications (I'm hoping to get Push notifications working this weekend).


The game uses an MVC 2 website returning JSON responses as it's service layer. I hope to put together a couple posts on how I make data driven win phone apps with MVC 2 websites, including how to authenticate to an MVC 2 site and all that.


So, without further ado, here is a demo video (sorry it's choppy, the loading animations and dragging don't match the smoothness of the actual game, it's much better in person) and some screen shots.












Now Playing: Animal Collective - My Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment